Here are the five customer experience competencies that will create a reliable customer experience across the organization and earn you the right to grow. This is an update that puts “Customers as Assets” in the #1 position since the first order of business is to know how well you are managing customers as an asset of your company.
1. Customers as Assets (Where Are You Now in Managing Customers as Assets? and #1 CX Competency to Utilize: Manage Customers as Assets)
- Knowing the growth or loss of customers.
- Caring about the “why?”
2. Align Operations Around Experience Design
- Driving accountability to the stages as customers experience them, not down your silos.
- Identifying priorities to drive united focus.
3. Customer Listening
- Knowing and caring about real time emerging issues, and mapping them to the customer journey.
- Uniting how you identify and act on issues/opportunities.
4. Customer Experience Reliability
- Proactively managing key cross-company process/KPI metric s– to hold yourselves accountable to deliver experience reliability.
- Driving on-going action on emerging issues before customers tell you.
5. Leadership and Customer Experience Culture
- Uniting your actions by clarity of purpose.
- Driving regular CX accountability for taking focused actions.
- Giving people permission and enabling them to deliver customer experience reliability.