Competency #5 is about communication, leadership and organizational dynamics. The most successful customer experience companies address the customer experience across the silos.
- How are leaders enabling the organization to work?
- How are decisions made?
- What are people rewarded and recognized for?
To get started, I suggest four simple action items you can do tomorrow without spending much money. All it takes is passion, commitment and making this a priority:
1. Call lost customers – Have your executives call customers who have left. Not script required, just the ability to listen. Play those calls for everyone.
2. Be a customer – Commit everyone in your organization to take action once a month and do one thing that a customer is required to do, such as:
- Buy a product online
- File a claim as they do
- Redeem a coupon, etc.
Then discuss how the processes are experienced as a customer. Fix what doesn’t make sense and makes you wonder why a company would treat customers in that manner.
3. Connect with the frontline – Bring in people from the frontline operations and give them an opportunity to talk with the President.
4. Do customer math – Talk about lost and gained customers in every meeting. Connect that gain or loss of customers to lost customer call issues, to what the frontline is saying, and to what you experience as a customer of your company.
0 comments to " CX Competency #5: Leadership & CX Culture "