Jeanne Bliss is the Founder and President of CustomerBliss, and the Co-Founder of The Customer Experience Professionals Association.
She is one of the foremost experts on customer-centric leadership and the role of the Chief Customer Officer. A consultant and thought leader, Jeanne Bliss guides C-Suite and Chief Customer Officer clients around the world toward earning the right to business growth and prosperity, by improving customers’ lives.
Jeanne Bliss pioneered the role of the Chief Customer Officer, holding the first ever CCO role at Lands’ End, Microsoft, Coldwell Banker and Allstate Corporations. Reporting to each company’s CEO, she moved the customer to the strategic agenda, redirecting priorities to create transformational changes to each brands’ customer experience. She has driven achievement of 95 percent loyalty rates, improving customer experiences across 50,000-person organizations.
Her ability to effectively guide leaders and companies to earn customer-driven growth is based on these experiences as a practitioner for over 20 years working across organizations to unite the C-Suite and organizational silos.
Jeanne is also the author of the groundbreaking book, “Chief Customer Officer” (Jossey-Bass, 2006). The book was the first of its kind to address the role of the customer leadership executive. It quickly became a bestseller and has been translated into eight languages. Her second book, “I Love You More than My Dog: Five Decisions that Drive Extreme Customer Loyalty in Good Times and Bad,” (Portfolio, 2001) was also a bestseller and translated into five languages. Her latest book, “Chief Customer Officer 2.0” (Wiley) was published on June 15, 2015.
Jeanne is a highly sought after speaker, keynoting high profile conferences and corporate events. She has spoken for speaking clients such as Intuit, Pella Windows, Staples, Activision, MetLife, Zappos, and AARP, and has appeared in major media outlets such as Fast Company, Forbes, MSNBC, The Associated Press and The Conference Board.
Jeanne Bliss Pioneered the Chief Customer Officer Role
Information for Meeting Planners and Speaker Bureaus (headshots, bio, book images)
Short bio, headshots and book images are available here
Jeanne learned firsthand about the importance of improving customers’ lives by watching her dad in his Buster Brown Shoe Store in Des Plaines Illinois. He put the first pair of shoes on three generations of children and became a part of the story of their lives. What Jeanne learned from her dad, and through her time at Lands’ End as leader of their Customer Experience, gave Jeanne her passion for customer experience: A passion that has only grown over the past 35 years. Jeanne lives in Los Angeles with her husband Bill.
- Co-founder and board member of the Customer Experience Professionals Association.
- Top 25 Customer Experience Leaders – Learn More
- Top 60 Customer Experience influencers – Learn More
- 50 Customer Experience Blogs you should be reading 2015 – Learn More
- Top 50 Most Active Influencers in #CX – Customer Experience 2014 – Learn More
- Top 30 global customer service gurus. – Learn More
- I Love You More than My Dog named by Inc. Magazine as one of The best books for business owners 2009
- I Love You More than My Dog named to the Business Week best-seller list, 2009
- I Love You More than My Dog marketing book of the year finalist by 800CEORead, 2009
- Chief Customer Officer named Best Business Book of 2006